- Title: Prince William, Duke of Cornwall and Cambridge
- Full Name: William Arthur Philip Louis
- Father: King Charles III of England
- Mother: Diana, Princess of Wales
- House: Windsor
- Born: June 21, 1982
- Married: Catherine Middleton on April 29, 2011
His Royal Highness Prince William, The Duke of Cambridge, is the eldest son of HRH King Charles III and Diana, Princess of Wales. As his father has now ascended to the throne as King, Prince William is now Prince William, Duke of Cornwall and Cambridge.
Although Prince William descends from the Royal House of Windsor, the surname Mountbatten-Windsor belongs to all the children and male-line descendants of Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip, and is used, if needed, by those who do not have the style of Royal Highness and the title Prince or Princess; when a female descendant marries, she traditionally takes her husband’s surname from that point onward, and their children take their father’s.
Both Prince William and Prince Harry used Wales as their surname for military purposes; this has continued to be the case for William since his creation as Duke of Cambridge.
William Arthur Philip Louis was born on June 21, 1982. These are his royal titles and styles.
- His Royal Highness Prince William of Wales (June 21, 1982 – April 29, 2011)
- His Royal Highness The Duke of Cambridge (April 29, 2011 – September 8, 2022)
- His Royal Highness, The Earl of Strathearn (in Scotland from September 8, 2022, to present)
- High Royal Highness, Baron Carrickfergus (in Ireland from April 29, 2011 – September 8, 2022)
- His Royal Highness The Duke of Cornwall and Cambridge (September 8, 2022, to present)
- His Royal Highness The Duke of Rothesay (in Scotland from September 8, 2022, to present)
Prince William married Catherine Middleton on April 29, 2011, at Westminster Abbey. Queen Elizabeth II’s grandmother made him the Duke of Cambridge, Earl of Strathearn, and the Baron of Carrickfergus.
- Cambridge is a town in England.
- Strathearn of Streath Earn is in Scotland.
- Carrickfergus is a large town in Northern Ireland.
Prince William was baptized in the Music Room of Buckingham Palace on August 4, 1982, by the Archbishop of Canterbury, Robert Runcie. This day also happened to be the 82nd birthday of his paternal great-grandmother, Queen Elizabeth, The Queen Mother. William has six godparents …
- Former King Constantine II of Greece
- Princess Alexandra
- The Honourable Mrs. Ogilvy, the Duchess of Westminster
- Lady Susan Hussey
- Lord Romsey
- Sir Laurens van der Post
When Prince William asked Kate Middleton to marry him, he gave her his mother’s engagement ring. When his father had originally bought it for his mother, it was worth £28,000 ($47,000) but is now estimated to be worth £300,000 ($500,000). The ring is a 12-carat sapphire surrounded by 14 diamonds.
The couple has three children: Prince George, Princess Charlotte, and Prince Louis.